Though I am currently at a new challenge. In the past two weeks I have either stayed the same or actually gained a couple of pounds on weigh day. I had a few moments that looked all too familiar from my past attempts. This is usually when I would throw in the towel, and eat anything I want and sit in front of the couch and feel sorry for myself and be pissed at the scale, and.... myself! I had to fight these feeling all last week and had to walk completely out of kitchen when I had the door to my freezer open staring at a gallon of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.
Instead of throwing all of my accomplishments out the window from the past few months I wrote a list. Kind of like a pro and con list of how I have been feeling emotionally, spiritually and physically since I have been on this plan. I wasn't really surprised that the Pros out did the Cons (by a landslide). By reviewing the Cons I realized a lot about myself and were my frustrations are, and were I tend to get bored. I reviewed my eating journal the weeks that I didn't get the results that I was looking for. One thing I noticed I have been more relaxed on writing down what I am eating and my activities. I know I am still making the right choices but for me, writing it all down helps me keep on track and keeps me accountable. Another thing that I quit doing was taking pictures and writing down what I am eating on here.
So the areas that I need to improve and others things that I am adding to my routine are:
- writing in my food/activity journal everyday
- posting a few pictures of my meals on my blog
- MOVE everyday (even if it is just a quick walk with my pups or taking my son to the park. I need to move a little bit everyday)
- Starting tomorrow I will begin weight lifting 3 days a week (I am very excited about this one)
- jog/run five days a week. (I plan on doing intervals, to further increase my distance and continue working on my breathing)
- no carbohydrates in the evening (trying to eat carbs earlier in the day)
- eating 5 small meals a day
- no eating past 6:30 p.m. (this one will be the hardest of all because of our work schedule)