Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Running Sidekick

Good morning to everyone…. Hope you all are staying warm and dry. I feel pretty Great this morning. I had a really good day yesterday. My calorie total was just shy of 1600. I was able to get in a really good workout in the morning, and I went for my daily walk on my break at work. When I go home it felt so good outside (it really warmed up). So I put my baby in his stroller and we had a really good time. First we just walked a little, and visited with all the neighbors that were out walking their pooches. Once we walked a mile and half I started to lightly jog with the stroller…… Evan loved it. Anytime I started to slow down he started fussing, that kid really pushed me last night. It was so fun to hear him laughing and giggling it made it more like play time than exercising. It made me really wish we had a stroller that was made for running. Bill and I had looked at a few this weekend, they are pretty cool!

This morning when I woke up I fed and played with the pups, but it was raining a bit so we didn’t go for our walk. Instead they laid on either side of my spinning bike while I really pushed myself this morning. I did a 45 minute workout . That has been the best I have done on a spinning bike without going to a class. I don’t know about you all, but in the past when I would get on my exercise equipment there were so many times that I really didn’t push myself. When I would go to a class, that would be a whole different story (guess my pride wouldn’t let me slack). Lately though it’s been so different. I really enjoy pushing myself and seeing what all I have accomplished. It’s crazy how we let our minds control us and tell us what we can’t do. I was speaking to a friend the other day, and I mentioned that I am walking a lot and starting to run. I asked her if she would like to join me and she emailed me back that she didn’t think she could walk better yet run. I knew exactly how she felt because I have been there. I thought because of all of my medical issues and weight that I wouldn’t be able to do a lot of things…… but that is crap. Trust me people do not lie to yourself or put limitations on what you can do. How will you know unless you try. I’m not saying that running, spinning, and the other things that I am trying is easy….. but I’m doing them. Guess what every time I do them, they get easier….. and I feel better. The more I exercise the fewer headaches I get…… hmmm….. imagine that for second. Imagine the pain that you normally feel in your body gets less, is that not enough? I know for me that is a HUGE plus. I challenge everyone today to think of one thing that they feel that they can’t accomplish and just try it. It’s okay if you think you can’t finish, just Start it!!!! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, what a good challenge! I'm gonna have to think of something. Of course, you know me so well maybe I'll just send you a message and ask you what I don't think I can do, lol.

    Okay, I've got to say it. LOOK AT THE PICTURE! OMG girl! Your face has lost so much weight!! You look so much healthier, so much happier. You need to post the picture from evan's birthday and then this picture. It is funny because you both look so much happier!

    OMG, I am so amazed. Like almost crying amazed. You are fighting this and you are winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! If you spend the time to exercise, whether at home or at a gym, you have to give it your all, otherwise, what's the point?!

    I heard a guy on the news this morning about weight loss. He said you have to wake up every day and tell yourself "I can."

    Your boy as adorable too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB! It's very important to have a good time while excercising, otherwise it becomes a hated chore. Amy

    ReplyDelete